You have an HTML and ASPX web page in the same site
I have an existing website running on IIS6 that only has static HTML pages. I have one page where someone can send an email of their information but would like to code this page using ASP.NET.
I've never mixed both HTML and ASP.NET before and thought if I would publish the page I needed from ASP.NET and put it in the root of an existing website, which would be all I needed, but I getting when a page tries to submit an ASP.NET page.
I am getting the error:
Thanks for your help!
=============================================== === ==========
Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition = 'MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. Source Error: Line 44: ASP.NET to identify an incoming user. Line 45: -> Line 46: <authentication mode = "Windows" /> Line 47: <! - Line 48: The <customErrors> section enables configuration
=============================================== === ==========
+1
a source to share
2 answers
If you are using ASP.NET on a virtual directory in IIS, you need to configure it as an application. For this:
- Open IIS Manager (if you have the administration tools in the start menu, you can go to IIS from there).
- In the tree on the left, find your virtual directory
- Right click on the directory and select Properties
- Find the Application Name field.
- If there is a New button next to the text box, click it. If it is a Delete button, you should comment that this answer is incorrect.
Good luck!
+1
a source to share