How to display a SQL Reporting service report in Excel

I am currently using VSTO to retrieve a SQL Reporting Services report and display it in Excel 2003 using the ReportViewer control. So basically on a winform hosted inside Excel.

But I also need to be able to display it without the ReportViewer control, that is, directly into the cells of my Excel sheet.

I am wondering how I should do this.

I can get the report in CSV format. So should I just scroll through the formatted cvs report and paste straight into my Excel sheet one row after another or is there a better way?

0


a source to share


3 answers


You might want to see what I did trying to print the RS report without user input. It uses the RS Web Services endpoint to deliver the report to the application. The only difference is that instead of using the IMAGE format, you would use the EXCEL format to call the render .



+1


a source


Viewing Reporting Services reports in a web browser has an Export option at the top of the report. Excel is one of these options. It even exports formatting. Note that this is for SSRS 2005 - I don't know if anything changed in SSRS 2008.



0


a source


Can't you just dump the data directly into Excel using CopyFromRecordset

?

0


a source







All Articles