Without using tracing, how do you determine if a flash application is in a container?
I am trying to determine if my flash content is inside a container. I have no idea what this means, but apparently it is bad for creating ExternalInterface.calls. I am developing a site on a Linux machine. I am starting a server and I am working with flash on a windows machine. I tried many options for using tracing, none of them worked. Is there a way to see if there is an ExternalInterface without using tracing? The current code is here: http://pastebin.com/f5fe9a985 Another post I made on this issue is here: Flash trace output in Firefox, Linux
Thanks, Dan
also, ActionScript 2.0, if that helps ...
a source to share
You should really spend the day with flash player security and javascript paperwork. I think this will really help you understand how it all works.
Some clarification is needed for your q:
You say you are running a server on your Linux box, but your swf is on a Windows machine? Can you explain this setting? (it doesn't matter if they are linux vs. windows, just which domain they are served from (or the name of the local machine).
If your local machine is http: // localhost
and your windows machine is http: // mywindowsbox /
then you will need to allow access to the html page that the swf is embedded in by adding allowcriptaccess = always to your embed code.
a source to share