Not a java editor for Ruby on Rails on windows?
It looks like NetBeans and Aptana / RadRails are the most common IDE for Ruby on Rails development, but requires a Java Runtime to work.
I'm looking for an IDE that doesn't require a JRE. If it is light and the installation is very fast it will be better, because I will be programming on computers with old hardware and Windows XP.
Do you know anyone? Many thanks.
a source to share
Komodo Edit is one of the best IDEs I've ever used, and has Rails support (although maybe not as good as Aptana / RadRails). If you have the money, I highly recommend the Komodo IDE as it has some advanced features, but if not, Komodo Edit has everything you need. In terms of speed, it is slow to start, but after that it runs as fast as any other "light" editor you have used.
a source to share
In fact, I'd say Vim is paired with rails.vim as one of the most popular editors for Rails. Vim, gVim and Cream are available for Windows.
The learning curve is very steep, but worth it.
Also, if you're doing any serious Rails work, Windows development sucks. It will take too long to deploy to console script / or network. The toolkit works much better on Linux. When I am doing Rails on my windows box, I am doing it in an Ubuntu virtual machine.
a source to share
I have not used this program, but " System Requirements" did not specify the Java Runtime Environment requirements for the Windows version.
a source to share