How can I load dll in FireFox xpi to local PC directory before installation is complete
My FireFox extension has an external dll dependency to work. So I include this DLL inside xpi and copy this DLL to the correct directory on the first run. But that doesn't work for me because I found that my own dll (written in XPCOM C ++) expects to see this external dll during installation. So every time I have to manually put the external dll in the right directory but it is not user friendly.
Is it possible to combine copying external dll and xpi installation into one package and do an unattended installation?
If the external DLL has only a few exhibits, then don't link to it. Call LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress instead.
If the external DLL has a lot of exports, but you only need functions, defer loading the DLL until you need it using the delay loading mechanism offered by the linker.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/151kt790(VS.80).aspx
If you need to export data from an external DLL, I'm not sure there is much hope here.
a source to share