Development server startup problem - ruby ββon rails
I recently upgraded to Rails 2.3.2 using Ruby 1.8.7. Whenever I start the server like this:
cd /myproject
script/server
It hangs. After I canceled it, the only error information I see is the following:
^C/Users/timstephenson/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.2/lib/active_support/core_ext/load_error.rb:32:in `new': Interrupt
The error started after updating. Looking at the server go into the project logs folder, nothing is written. Also, the development log contains nothing.
I am using Mac OSX 10.5
I have refreshed all gems and cleaned old gems. All old items and old computer with PPC and Tiger chip appeared. Before upgrading to 1.8.7 Ruby and 2.3.2 Rails, everything worked, although ruby ββseemed to be compiled for PPC instead of i686.
I can use the script / console and interact successfully with the models in my project.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
thanks
Are you using mongrel? If so, give it a try script/server webrick
and see if it works. I believe this is probably the same problem as http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/ticket/37 .
a source to share
Make sure your app has write permission to the log folder. If this is not the case, this may be why you are not getting any log entries.
As a final solution, try creating a new rails app, bring the database back up and then move the app folder to the new app. This will mean that your Rails code is compatible with your installed versions of Rails and Ruby, which may not be as old code.
You will also need to copy any other code you write that was not written in your application folder.
Be forewarned: this is indeed the last resort.
a source to share