How to remove old signatures from Outlook forms?

I modified an existing form and saved it to my desktop as a .oft file. Whenever I submit this form, I have an old signature that shows.

If I double click on the .oft file I see the body with this old signature and then my new one below. I would like to remove this old signature that is stuck in the body. What confuses me is that when I open this file in Outlook forms, it never includes the signature in the messages, so when I run the form, I cannot see this signature, except when I submit it, I see it in the preview when I open the message I see in my Outlook form as it should be.


I was able to save the file as html. I see the signature at the bottom of the page.

How do I delete or modify the html file to remove this signature and revert the original .t / file

I also tried to save as html, remove signature, save and then use a macro to load the html. But failed to save back to frequency.

Sub MakeHTMLMsg()
Set objMsg =3D Application.CreateItem(olMailItem)
Set fso =3D CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set ts =3D fso.OpenTextFile("c:\testfile.htm", 1)=20
strText =3D ts.ReadAll
objMsg.HTMLBody =3D strText
objMsg.Display
Set fso =3D Nothing
Set ts =3D Nothing=20
Set objMsg =3D Nothing
End Sub

      

0


a source to share


2 answers


got this, add message box. then run this form. and voila. remove unwanted signature. save as



Thank you

0


a source


If you or a co-worker accidentally save an Outlook form with RTF in the message body (including signatures), that rich text will be permanently stuck in .oft as far as I can tell (unless you decide to hack it in a hex editor). As others suggest in the dark corners of the web, you can run the form, delete the post body, and save it as .oft, but unfortunately this doesn't work with RTF. RTF is stuck. The only way I have found to hide this text is with this VBScript Outlook macro to change the BodyFormat MailItem to plain text. The RTF bytes will remain in your .oft, but at least no one will be looking at them.



Sub ChangeToPlainTextAndPublishForm()
    Dim objOL       ' As Outlook.Application
    Dim objItem     ' As Outlook.ContactItem
    Dim objFD       ' As Outlook.FormDescription
    Const olPersonalRegistry = 2
    Const olDiscard = 1

    Set objOL = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    Set objItem = objOL.CreateItemFromTemplate("C:\MyPath\MyForm.oft")
    Set objFD = objItem.FormDescription

    objItem.BodyFormat = OlBodyFormat.olFormatPlain

    'Publish to personal forms library
    With objFD
        .DisplayName = "myForm"
        .PublishForm olPersonalRegistry
    End With
    objItem.Close olDiscard

    Set objFD = Nothing
    Set objItem = Nothing
    Set objOL = Nothing
End Sub

      

+1


a source







All Articles