Copying a client from a server to the same server without redirecting?
This is inspired by Does File.Copy () from a network share to another share on the same computer copy a file over the network?
Is it possible, in .NET, for the client to be able to force the server to copy the server file to another location on the same server without rounding the file through the client?
Is there built-in support for this kind of operations, and if not, how could you enable this feature?
a source to share
Assuming it doesn't exist anymore, I would enable it by installing new software on the remote machine. The software on the remote computer will copy and I will communicate (over the network) with that software from that machine. I expect that I want the software on the remote computer to run as a service.
There might be firmware that already supports this (I don't know what is installed on the remote computer): for example, do you have IIS installed and running? WebDAV, for example, supports the COPY command.
a source to share