How do I change request parameters before publishing an XHR action in Ruby on Rails?

I have a form with a list of people with checkboxes next to them. Then I have submit_to_remote

one that will pass the verified people to the controller for processing. He is currently undergoing verified people in the form:

checkbox_name => checkbox_value

      

where checkbox_value

- person_id

. This comes from prototype using parameters:Form.serialize(this.form)

to create parameters.

However, since the button submit_to_remote

is a "disable" button, I would like the action to look like this:

people/disable/person_id1,person_id2,person_id3 

      

This will disable these people and I think the syntax is more API friendly.

How do I change the parameters before the Ajax Updater presents the parameters in the submit_to_remote

helper?

0


a source to share


1 answer


Use Form.serialize (true) to get hash with parameter names as keys.

You can do whatever you want with a hash, including removing inputs, changing their values, filtering them, etc.



Ajax.Updated will then accept this modified hash as a parameter.

Oh, and if you want a different target for this form, just specify it! This is the first parameter if I remember correctly.

+1


a source







All Articles