Development for Windows Multi touch - ala Dell Studio One 19

I came across Dell Studio One 19 online the other day and thought the Dev environment for Multi-Touch was

Does anyone develop for this or knows what an environment is?

I know you need HP's own SDK to develop HP TouchSmart ... and that doesn't sound too good to me ( watch this .NET Rocks episode on it )

I was hoping the new Dell was just using Windows 7 native support ...

Ideally I'd like to see a subset of the Microsoft Surface SDK for Win 7 touch-enabled screens ....

Anyone have any idea what is going on with Multi-Touch on Win 7 in terms of development?

+1


a source to share


4 answers


It's funny that you have to ask this, I'm just getting started with this stuff this week.

I have a Dell XT2 with Windows 7 64bit (works like a dream).

What you need...



Windows 7 RC SDK
and you must also have NTrig Device Driver

What's nice to have NTrig SDK

There have been some changes between the Windows 7 beta and RC, and the samples have not been updated yet, but it's easy enough to develop. Have fun, me.

+2


a source


While this may not apply to Dell Studio One 19, to answer your question at the end, "did anyone understand what's going on with Multi-Touch on Win 7 from a development standpoint?"

I can tell there will be a multi-touch API out of the box, which you will find in the Win 7 RC SDK linked to Tim J's answer. Also, WPF 4.0 will include the API and multi-touch controls, which apparently will be expanding / building on Surface SDK 2.0.



If you go to slide 7 after the presentation , you will see how things add up.

+1


a source


Dell Studio One actually uses touch NextWindow technology . They now have native Windows 7 touchscreen drivers .

This is the same touch sensor as HP TouchSmart desktop computers (laptops use NTGR dual mode touch sensor).

+1


a source


The easiest option is to develop for Multi-Touch with Silverlight on Win7. I have a small application developed in Silverlight on HP TouchSmart with Win7 on it. http://jobijoy.blogspot.com/2009/08/silverlight-3-multi-touch-with-windows.html When the app starts you can make the browser in kiosk mode (full screen) But if you are looking for very advanced features outside Silverlight, go to Win7 SDK.

0


a source







All Articles