Some problem with postgres_psycopg2
A couple of things. I faced the same error, but for a different thing (ie "ImportError: No module named django") when I reinstalled some software. Basically, it messed up my Python paths.
So, your question is very similar to the one I had. The problem for me ended up being installed I was using a modified .profile (.bash_profile on some systems) in my home directory that messed up the Path environment variable to point to the wrong Python binaries. This includes, of course, pointing out the wrong site packages (where many Python extensions are installed).
To verify this, I used two Linux shell commands that saved the day for me, where: "which python" and "whereis python"
First, you tell which version of Python you are using, and the second tells you where it is. This is important because there may be multiple versions of Python installed on your machine.
Hope this helps you fix the problem. You can also try "$ echo Path" (in command line / terminal) to see where the paths are to resolve commands.
You can fix your problem by either: 1- correcting the Path variable and exporting the path to .profile (or .bash_profile) 2- creating a sim link to the appropriate python binary
Good luck :)
~ Aki
a source to share
You probably haven't accidentally updated the version of python you are working in. This means that your package sites have most likely moved, meaning you will need to reinstall them. Take a look at your python version:
$ python --version
Python 2.5.1
After that, try reinstalling modules with apt-get
or easy_install
.
a source to share