Can't delete trash can if it contains code from svn

We are using svn and when I want to delete a branch I move it to the trash for disposal and I keep running into the problem where I cannot empty the trash.

I keep getting the error:

"Unable to delete the text base of the folder: the directory is not empty."

Has anyone seen this problem and are there any recommended solutions?

+1


a source to share


3 answers


If you are using TortoiseSvn try killing TSVNCache.exe. It is probably still hanging on one of the files in the text directory



+2


a source


1) I don't recommend deleting a branch unless you are sure what you need. Even then, I would wait a few weeks and make sure you don't use it anymore.



2) If you are using tortoiseSVN, just right click on the folder containing the branch and go to the turtle submenu and select delete. This should create a changelog to remove the branch. Then just select SVN Commit.

0


a source


If you move a branch to the trash, you will only delete the directory that the branch is in, not the branch itself. You must use the svn interface to delete the branch (as Lucas says)

0


a source







All Articles