The Cert distribution does not have a private key. Could not find a valid signature ID matching profile
I was able to create and use my development certificate and provide some time. I was having some problems after updating xcode as the login certificates where you get trashed / deleted but I fixed that.
I am trying to create my distribution certificate and provision. I noticed that there is no private key in the distribution certificate - you cannot extend the certificate when you click on it. Not sure if this is a problem or not. When I drag a distribution profile to Organizer, it shows an error: "A valid Signature ID matching this profile could not be found in your keychain."
I tried to put the distribution certificate in both login and system. I also have WWDRCA certification.
Any ideas are real pain ...
a source to share
It looks like you don't have keys matching the certificates in your keychain. If you've posted screenshots of your keychain entries and your code signing configuration, it would be easier to see what exactly is going on.
Also make sure you have an Apple certificate in your keychain.
a source to share
Check if you have another secret key in the login chain. What is happening to me. I faced this same issue when copying my project from iMac to Macbook Pro. I found out that I didn't have the dongle installed on my Macbook. So I exported my private key, copied and installed it on the Macbook and it fixed it!
I have logged information here: http://www.creatistblog.com/2009/09/iphone-developer-provisioning.html