Can .NET Reflector be called when F1 is pressed in Visual Studio?

When I press F1 in Visual Studio 2008, I would like to launch the .NET reflector and navigate to the selected class / method (instead of waiting for the Visual Studio documentation to start working).

Can Visual Studio be configured this way?


Follow-up question:

  • how to determine the type / assembly under the caret (as described in x0n's answer )?
+1


a source to share


2 answers


Sure.

You need to write a macro (Tools> Macros) to find the Assembly and Type context under the caret and then spawn:

Reflector <assemblyname> /select:my.namespace.typename

      



And finally, drag F1 into your macro (although I would tend to bind it to a variant like ctrl + shift + f1 or whatever, because you don't always press f1 for type help)

-Oisin

+1


a source


This is not really an answer to your question, but I would like to add the fact that Visual Studio has a built-in way to open the (compiled) source code of the definition of the currently selected class / method by simply clicking F12

.



0


a source







All Articles