Console control that allows full control over individual text formatting
I am writing a simple text based RPG. I would like to use WinForms and use WinForm controls for the UI and plain text for the output. The trick is that I would like to have full control over the formatting of the individual text - some words were different colors, etc. A simple console control is enough as it would provide control over the colors of the text, but it would be nice to also be able to change the style, font, and size.
Less important: It would be nice to have full control over where text appears in the control via the coordinate system, just like in old DOS windows.
I would appreciate any suggestions on the best way to implement it. There is perhaps a better method that I have not considered for rendering the output of a text game.
a source to share