Is there a tool to generate a DSL parser that doesn't require runtime for the resulting parser?

I work a lot with DSL at the moment and I was wondering if anyone knows of a tool that could generate a parser for my bnf spec that doesn't require a runtime library (pure Java source parser)

I intend to use XTEXT for a future Eclipse plugin, but I need a nice little version for my library itself and don't want to add another jar dependency.

It seems like ANTLR takes a runtime to parse the files and I did a google search to no avail. Can anyone please help?

Thanks,

Chris

+2


a source to share


1 answer


Javacc generates java parsers from BNF-like input and doesn't require a runtime library. You may need to modify BNF a bit, I think there are some caveats as to what Javacc might accept.



+4


a source







All Articles