Rails 3 Flash Uploader

I am trying to get Uploadify to work with Rails 3. However, I am unable to insert middleware with the correct arguments.

This is the Rails 2 way:

ActionController::Dispatcher.middleware.insert_before(
  ActionController::Session::CookieStore,
  FlashSessionCookieMiddleware,
  ActionController::Base.session_options[:key]
) 

      

This is what I have done so far for Rails 3:

Rails.application.config.middleware.insert_before(
  Rails.application.config.session_store, 
  FlashSessionCookieMiddleware,
  Rails.application.config.session_options[:key]
)

      

However, this gives:

kevin$hephaestus:$exposure [1035 | 0]% rake middleware                                                        
(in /Users/kevin/Projects/exposure)
rake aborted!
protected method `session_options' called for #<Rails::Application::Configuration:0x101eb28d0>

(See full trace by running task with --trace)
zsh: exit 1     rake middleware

      

When I comment out the argument session_options

, the middleware was inserted successfully, but it can't do what it should.

Any suggestions?

+2


a source to share


1 answer


I realize this post is 4 months old, but I ran into some problems solving this problem by adding middleware on Rails 3. Below is the correct way to accomplish this in Rails 3:

Rails.application.config.middleware.insert_before(
  ActionDispatch::Session::CookieStore,
  FlashSessionCookieMiddleware,
  Rails.application.config.session_options[:key]
)

      



http://gist.github.com/546431

+1


a source







All Articles