VS 2005 Toolbox Messed Up

I'm not sure when this happened, but at some point my Visual Studio 2005 grew up a group named "# 13119" which I cannot delete (it even shows up in the toolbar when I open the code file - it's the only thing there ...

Is there a way to fix this? I tried to reset the toolbox and it didn't help. It’s not a big deal, but rather frustrating.

+1


a source to share


1 answer


It looks like you ran into this problem:
http://zinovate.com/weblog/archive/2009/01/16/38234.aspx

From a blog post:



  • Make sure you see all the folders in your box. We head to the hidden files area: (Under "Tools -> Folder Options")

  • Close Visual Studio if open.

  • Go here: C: \ Users \ YOUR_USER_NAME \ AppData \ Local \ Microsoft \ VisualStudio \ 9.0 \

  • Save the following files in the temp folder to keep and delete the originals.

    • toolboxIndex_reset.tbd
    • toolboxIndex.tbd
    • toolbox_reset.tbd
    • toolbox.tbd
  • Restart Visual Studio and the files will be recreated. It will take a few seconds for the toolbox to fill up again.

+1


a source







All Articles