Cocoa Manage / View to display directory listing

I'm new to Cocoa development - I want to display an arbitrary number of directory paths in a control / view. What's the best type of inline control / view to do this?

Requirements:

It should only be a flat list, not a complete filesystem browser. Users should be able to select one (or more) items and remove them (I provided a delete button) Users should be able to add items to this list (I provided a button that launches OpenPanel that allows them to choose a path)

Any suggestions?

Also, where can I find one of these "| + | - |" types to add / remove items that are common across many Mac user interfaces?

Thanks!

0


a source to share


1 answer


You may be looking for the NSTableView class if you just want to display directory paths as a list. The NSOutlineView class is a subclass of NSTableView that allows you to group items in a hierarchical list. Multiple rows can be selected for both classes, so multiple items can be deleted.



In response to your second question, common +/- square controls are implemented in Interface Builder with a square (equal width and height) NSButton

with style Gradient

. The + and icons are just images set using an attribute Image

in the inspector - NSAddTemplate

for either the + NSRemoveTemplate

button or the - button.

+1


a source







All Articles